- Family, child, couples and adult counseling
- Play therapy and cognitive behavior therapy
- Grief counseling for all ages
- Co-parenting facilitation
- Collaborative divorce coaching
- ADHD assessment
- Educational and gifted testing
- Learning disability assessment
- School admission testing
See a full description of our services.
Dr. Shanan Raines, Ph.D.
assesses and diagnoses children with all types of learning obstacles and ADHD, to identify their potential and help develop strategies and treatment. Dr. Raines’ expertise also extends to assessing children for educational placement in kindergarten, private schools and gifted programs.
Dr. Stephen Twente, Psy.D.
works with children, adolescents, adults, couples and families. He has a special interest in child development and the range of issues experienced by young people. Dr. Twente has much expertise in the psychology of men and boys and he works with many young adults in this realm.
Dr. Allison White Twente, Ph.D.
specializes in working with children and adolescents and their families. She values assisting and empowering families through all stages of their development, helping them to find coping strategies that will help them move forward successfully.
Dr. Laura Brewer, Ph.D.
specializes in working with adults and couples dealing with ADHD, depression, anxiety and life stressors. She partners with her ADHD clients to develop strategies to reduce the impact of symptoms, and uses family systems and cognitive behavioral therapy when applicable.
Mrs. Caroline Agee, Ed.S., NCSP
is a Nationally Certified School Psychologist, currently working towards her licensure as a School Psychologist in the Commonwealth of Virginia, who provides executive function coaching and educational consultation.
Dr. Paula Allocca, Ph.D.
has a passion for integrative care and will work with you to identify a personalized treatment plan to help you reach your highest level of mental health.
Annette Doll, LPC
works with children and adolescents experiencing issues related to ADHD, depression, anxiety, divorce, peer relationships and grief, at home and in school. She also helps adults who are experiencing issues with relationships, depression, anxiety, parenting and co-parenting.
Dr. Claire Flansburg, Ph.D.
works with children, adolescents, young adults and couples. She provides therapy for individuals of all ages struggling with issues related to anxiety, depression, ADHD, disruptive behavior, adjustment issues and interpersonal difficulties.
Rachel Gladstone, M. Ed., M.S. Counseling
is a licensed school counselor and an educator. Rachel provides educational consultation services to families navigating school placement options, school transitions, and specialized resources.
Kimberly Hilton, Ph.D
provides assessment and therapy services for children, adolescents, adults, and couples. She uses a strengths-based humanistic approach to psychotherapy with individuals of all ages who may be struggling with anxiety, depression, grief and loss, parenting challenges, ADHD, interpersonal difficulties, and phase of life concerns.
Kyle Jones, PMHNP
has developed his passion for helping people at the intersection of psychiatry and integrated medicine. Interpersonal by nature, Kyle will work with you and your family to create an individualized treatment plan that is right for you.
Dr. Lara Meili, Psy.D.
specializes in psychotherapy and psychological testing. She helps adults and adolescents resolve a range of issues, including depression and anxiety, grief, domestic violence, divorce adjustment, and college transition, with an eclectic approach that draws largely on humanistic and cognitive-behavioral principles.
Kimberly (Parker) Nicolas, Ph.D.
provides assessment and counseling services to children, adolescents, and families. She offers a variety of testing services including assessment of ADHD, learning disabilities, educational placement, and emotional and behavioral problems.
Dr. Linda E. Pattee, Ph.D.
specializes in providing assessment and diagnosis of children and adolescents with ADHD, learning obstacles and emotional or behavioral problems. Dr. Pattee also completes assessments of children for educational placement in kindergarten, private schools and gifted programs.
Laine Sims, LCSW
works with adolescents, adults and families struggling with issues such as anxiety, depression, eating disorders, life adjustments, relationship challenges and parenting issues. The goal of her treatment is to guide and support clients through the change process with cognitive behavioral strategies, mindfulness, and coping skills.
Quentin Stubbins, Ph.D.
provides comprehensive care through assessments and therapy services to children, adolescents, and young to middle-aged adults. He has deep interest and ample experience in providing therapy to people of all backgrounds struggling with anxiety, mood, adjustment problems, ADD/ADHD, multicultural, relationships and men's issues.
Dr. Karen Zagayko, Ph.D.
helps children, adolescents and families integrate all aspects of wellbeing using approaches ranging from traditional cognitive behavioral therapy to alternative techniques like mindfulness, breathing techniques, mandala drawings and Guided Imagery and Music (GIM).
News & Notes
- Welcome to our practice: Rachel C. Gladstone, M. Ed., M.S. Counseling, and Kimberly Hilton, Ph.D, joined us in August 2019. Ms. Gladstone is a licensed school counselor and an educator who helps families identify school and community resources to meet the academic, social, and emotional needs of their child, and supports families in navigating school-related questions or concerns. Dr. Hilton is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist who provides assessment and therapy services, using a strengths-based humanistic approach to psychotherapy, with individuals of all ages. We are excited to have them here.
- Psychological Testing Appointments Available Now! Also scheduling Executive Function Coaching, Groups and Educational Consultation. Contact one of our professional scheduling coordinators at 804-673-0100 X256 for more information.
- Professional Opportunities at WFP – We are always interested in highly skilled and licensed clinicians who are considering joining a well-established practice, especially those whose practice includes some psychological testing as well as psychotherapy with children, adolescents and adults. Find out more.