Allison White Twente, Ph.D.
Dr. Allison White Twente works with children and adolescents and their families. She has expertise and interest in children’s social relationships and in facilitating the adjustment of families to change, especially following death or divorce. She provides individual counseling to all age groups, and also counsels couples and families and guides parents in facilitating their co-parenting.
Dr. Twente is trained in Collaborative Practice and works as a divorce coach and a child specialist in collaborative approaches to divorce.
Education and Experience
Dr. Twente is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist. After completing her professional training at UNC Chapel Hill and the University of Denver, she worked for five years at The Children’s Hospital, Boston for the department of surgery as the pediatric organ transplant psychologist.
While in Boston she was an Instructor in Psychiatry for Harvard Medical School. She refined her interests in all facets of child development and was especially drawn to helping children cope with chronic medical conditions and grief.
After moving to Richmond in 1994, she worked for MCV and then started a small private practice. Dr. Twente later founded Westhampton Family Psychologists, PC, a collaborative group practice, in 1998 with her husband, Dr. Stephen Twente.
Dr. Twente and her husband, together for more than 25 years, share in the raising of their two sons.
- Founding partner, Westhampton Family Psychologists
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- BA Psychology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Ph.D. Child Clinical Psychology, University of Denver
- Internship and Post-doctoral fellowships, Harvard/The Children’s Hospital, Boston
- Collaborative Divorce Practice and Co-Parenting guidance
Contact & Insurance Information
- (804) 673-0100 x 202 (Please leave a message in Dr. Twente’s voice mail as she schedules her own apppointments, or email her at email@example.com.)
- Offices hours: 8:15 am – 5:15 pm Tuesdays, Wednesday & Fridays
- Services by self-pay arrangement; out of network for all insurance plans.