Kadie Dooley, Ph.D.
Dr. Kimberly (Kadie) Dooley is licensed as both a Clinical Psychologist and a School Psychologist in the Commonwealth of Virginia. She provides comprehensive behavioral and mental health services to children, adolescents, young adults, and families in the form of assessment and therapy.
Dr. Dooley has expertise in assessment of a wide variety of conditions, including attention and executive functioning concerns, learning disabilities, intellectual disability, emotional challenges (such as anxiety and depression), and behavioral problems. She also provides comprehensive assessment for autism spectrum disorders using the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule, 2nd Edition (ADOS-2), which is considered the "gold standard" for observational assessment of autism spectrum disorders.
Dr. Dooley provides therapy to children and adolescents struggling with anxiety, depression, adjustment difficulties, ADHD, social challenges, medical concerns, grief, and other emotional and behavioral challenges. She specializes in providing both cognitive-behavioral and behavioral therapies. Dr. Dooley uses research-based assessments and treatments to identify a child’s strengths and challenges. She believes it is important to build upon existing strengths in order to help families develop an individualized plan for success for their child.
Education and Experience
Dr. Dooley has had a variety of experiences in clinical child, school, and pediatric psychology while working in numerous settings (including schools and outpatient, residential, and inpatient hospital settings).
Dr. Dooley earned her Bachelor’s Degree from Texas A&M University. She obtained her M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. She completed a pre-doctoral internship at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital where she conducted psychoeducational assessments and therapy with children and adolescents on- or post-treatment for cancer, sickle cell disease, and infectious diseases. She then completed a two-year post-doctoral fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School in which she conducted neuropsychological, psychological, and developmental assessments with children ages 18 months to 23 years who presented with diverse and unique challenges and strengths.
Dr. Dooley has conducted research that has been published in several psychological journals, and she has presented her work at national and international conferences.
After completing her post-doctoral fellowship, Dr. Dooley moved to Chesterfield, Virginia with her husband, young son, and dog, Bailey. She joined Westhampton Family Psychologists in November of 2016.
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Licensed School Psychologist
- B.S. Psychology, Texas A&M University
- M.A. Educational Psychology, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Ph.D. School Psychology, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Internship, Pediatric Psychology, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Post-doctoral fellowship, Child Clinical Psychology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School
- Clinically trained in the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule, 2nd Edition (ADOS-2)
Contact & Insurance Information
- To schedule an evaluation or an initial therapy appointment with Dr. Dooley, please contact the front office at (804) 673-0100 x256 or email@example.com. Current patients can reach Dr. Dooley at (804) 673-0100 x 216
- Office hours: Mondays, Wednesdays Thursdays and Fridays. Dr. Dooley is not in the office on Tuesdays.
- In network for Anthem PPO and Healthkeepers. Out of network for all other insurance plans or offers self-pay arrangement.