Laine Sims, LCSW
Laine Sims is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who works with adolescents, adults and families. She has experience and interest in working with individuals and families who are struggling with anxiety, depression, eating disorders, life adjustments, relationship challenges and parenting issues.
The goal of her treatment is to guide and support clients through the change process with cognitive behavioral strategies, mindfulness and coping skills.
Education and Experience
After completing her professional training at James Madison University and The Catholic University of America, Ms. Sims worked for six years at Northern Virginia Mental Health Institute as an inpatient Senior Clinician. Her duties included thorough assessments, treatment planning, individual therapy, family therapy, psychoeducation and close collaboration with interdisciplinary treatment teams.
While in Fairfax, Virginia, she worked for seven years at the Community Mental Health Center, providing outpatient treatment to adults and their families. There she specialized in helping clients manage symptoms of depression, anxiety, ADD and other life stressors with the use of individual, family and group therapy.
After recently moving back to Richmond in 2012, she started working for Greater Richmond SCAN (Stop Child Abuse Now) as a group facilitator in their Family Support Program. She provides a 20-week parenting group and individual therapy to support parents in connecting with their children and developing skills to nurture and protect their children.
Ms. Sims and her husband live in Richmond, Virginia and enjoy exploring this wonderful river city with their three young daughters!
- B.S in Psychology, James Madison University
- Masters in Social Work, The Catholic University of America
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Contact & Insurance Information
- (804) 673-0100 x 250 (Please leave a message for Ms. Sims in her voicemail as she schedules her own appointments, or email Lsims@wfpofva.com.)
- Offices hours: Mondays and Fridays
- In network for Anthem PPO and Healthkeepers HMO
- Out of network for all other managed care plans, or by self-pay arrangement