Lara Meili, Psy.D.
Dr. Lara Meili is a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in the psychological testing of adults and older adolescents for ADHD, learning issues, and extended time for the College Board exams. Additionally, Dr. Meili completes assessments of children for private school admissions and gifted programs.
Dr. Meili provides therapy services to adults dealing with depression, grief, domestic violence, divorce adjustment, and phase of life issues. Her approach to therapy is eclectic but draws largely on humanistic and cognitive-behavioral principles.
Education and Experience
Dr. Meili’s early interest in psychology stemmed from the work she did at a hotline counseling battered women and their children where she gained knowledge of domestic violence and trauma issues. She went on to receive her Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology in 1997 from Central Michigan University and then completed internships at the Didi Hirsch Community Mental Health Center in Culver City, CA and at Central State Hospital in Petersburg, VA, where she gained specialized experience in forensic psychology. Prior to joining Westhampton Family Psychologists in 2007, she worked for eight years in the adult outpatient unit at Henrico County Mental Health performing psychotherapy and psychological evaluations.
Dr. Meili lives with her husband, daughter, and an assortment of pets.
- B.A. in Psychology, Binghamton University, Binghamton NY
- Psy.D.in Clinical Psychology, Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, MI
- Internship at the Didi Hirsch Community Mental Health Center in Culver City, CA
- Postdoctoral training in forensic psychology at Central State Hospital in Petersburg, VA
- Specialty practice in adult ADHD testing
Contact & Insurance Information
- (804) 673-0100 x 205 You can also e-mail her at email@example.com. To schedule a new patient appointment, please contact our referral coordinator at (804) 673-0100 x256.
- Office hours: 9 am to 6 pm Tuesdays through Thursdays
- In-network for Anthem PPO, HealthKeepers HMO