Victoria Tate, Psy.D., LCP
Dr. Victoria Tate is a licensed clinical psychologist with specialties in neuropsychology and clinical hypnotherapy. She has special interest in helping patients who cope with chronic pain. She has expertise in the evaluation and treatment planning of those with neurological and psychological disorders, ADHD, TBI, dementias, and learning disabilities.
Dr. Tate provides therapy for issues such as, but not limited to, anxiety, depression, grief, life span transitions, and mental illness. Her approach is eclectic and suited to the individual client. Modalities may include cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness-based cognitive therapy, solution-focused therapy, and brief clinical/medical hypnotherapy for pain, or other conditions.
Education and Experience
Dr. Tate completed a Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology at Argosy University in 2001. She had an internship at the Richmond VAMC with a focus in neuropsychology from 1999-2000. She finished postdoctoral fellowship in neuropsychology at the NJ Medical School (now Rutgers U.) from 2000 to 2002. Dr. Tate has a wide range of outpatient clinical experience with the elderly, active military, physical rehabilitation patients, inmates, veterans, college students, and the severely mentally ill.
Dr. Tate enjoys hiking, biking, fishing, and walking with friends or family, also baking, reading, and listening to music.
- B.A. in English & M.A. in Psychology Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, MI
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology Argosy University/Twin Cities, Eagan, MN
- Internship Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center, Richmond, VA
- Postdoctoral Fellowship Neuropsychology NJ Medical School/Rutgers University, Newark, NJ
Contact & Insurance Information
- (804) 673-0100 x 250. Patients can contact the referral coordinator at ext 256 to schedule intake appointments
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office hours: Currently offering services exclusively through telehealth on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
- In-network for most commercial Anthem Plans
- Out-of-network for all other managed care plans, or by self-pay arrangement