- Family, child, couples and adult counseling
- Play therapy and cognitive behavior therapy
- Grief counseling for all ages
- Co-parenting facilitation
- Collaborative divorce coaching
- ADHD assessment
- Educational and gifted testing
- Learning disability assessment
- School admission testing
See a full description of our services.
Dr. Shanan Raines, Ph.D.
assesses and diagnoses children with all types of learning obstacles and ADHD, to identify their potential and help develop strategies and treatment. Dr. Raines’ expertise also extends to assessing children for educational placement in kindergarten, private schools and gifted programs.
Dr. Stephen Twente, Psy.D.
works with children, adolescents, adults, couples and families. He has a special interest in child development and the range of issues experienced by young people. Dr. Twente has much expertise in the psychology of men and boys and he works with many young adults in this realm.
Dr. Allison White Twente, Ph.D.
specializes in working with children and adolescents and their families. She values assisting and empowering families through all stages of their development, helping them to find coping strategies that will help them move forward successfully.
Dr. Laura Brewer, Ph.D.
specializes in working with adults and couples dealing with ADHD, depression, anxiety and life stressors. She partners with her ADHD clients to develop strategies to reduce the impact of symptoms, and uses family systems and cognitive behavioral therapy when applicable.
Annette Doll, LPC
works with children and adolescents experiencing issues related to ADHD, depression, anxiety, divorce, peer relationships and grief, at home and in school. She also helps adults who are experiencing issues with relationships, depression, anxiety, parenting and co-parenting.
Dr. Kadie Dooley, Ph.D.
provides comprehensive behavioral and mental health services to children, adolescents, young adults, and families in the form of therapy and assessment, including ADOS-2 assessment.
Dr. Claire Flansburg, Ph.D.
works with children, adolescents, young adults and couples. She provides therapy for individuals of all ages struggling with issues related to anxiety, depression, ADHD, disruptive behavior, adjustment issues and interpersonal difficulties.
Bruce Hammond, LCSW
works with clients of all ages to improve individual, family and social relationships at every developmental stage. Her work centers on life’s stressors and on recovery from the emotional pain of divorce, death and other losses. Hammond also consults with The Steward School, providing assessment, education and support.
Helen Mouton Landry, LCSW
provides psychodynamic psychotherapy to children, adolescents, adults and couples. She works with adolescent girls on their growth and development, peer relationships, and school preparation and adjustment. She also treats adults for anxiety and depression, and for relationship issues.
Dr. Nastassja Marshall, Ph.D.
provides assessment and therapy services to children, adolescents, young adults, and families. She offers testing services including ADHD and learning disabilities assessment, diagnosis of emotional and behavioral problems, and therapy to children and adolescents.
Dr. Lara Meili, Psy.D.
specializes in psychotherapy and psychological testing. She helps adults and adolescents resolve a range of issues, including depression and anxiety, grief, domestic violence, divorce adjustment, and college transition, with an eclectic approach that draws largely on humanistic and cognitive-behavioral principles.
Kimberly (Parker) Nicolas, Ph.D.
provides assessment and counseling services to children, adolescents, and families. She offers a variety of testing services including assessment of ADHD, learning disabilities, educational placement, and emotional and behavioral problems.
Dr. Linda E. Pattee, Ph.D.
specializes in providing assessment and diagnosis of children and adolescents with ADHD, learning obstacles and emotional or behavioral problems. Dr. Pattee also completes assessments of children for educational placement in kindergarten, private schools and gifted programs.
Laine Sims, LCSW
works with adolescents, adults and families struggling with issues such as anxiety, depression, eating disorders, life adjustments, relationship challenges and parenting issues. The goal of her treatment is to guide and support clients through the change process with cognitive behavioral strategies, mindfulness, and coping skills.
Dr. Karen Zagayko, Ph.D.
helps children, adolescents and families integrate all aspects of wellbeing using approaches ranging from traditional cognitive behavioral therapy to alternative techniques like mindfulness, breathing techniques, mandala drawings and Guided Imagery and Music (GIM).
Mrs. Caroline Agee, Ed.S., NCSP
is a Nationally Certified School Psychologist, currently working towards her licensure as a School Psychologist in the Commonwealth of Virginia, who provides executive function coaching and educational consultation.
News & Notes
- Now seeking a licensed provider for family psychiatric medication management! – Prominent, state of the art, thriving multi-disciplinary mental health practice in Richmond, Virginia seeks a full or part time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner or Psychiatrist to join our practice as an independent contractor. Read more.
- Psychological Testing Appointments Available Now! Also scheduling Executive Function Coaching, Groups and Educational Consultation for June! Contact one of our professional scheduling coordinators at 804-673-0100 X256 for more information.
- Please welcome Caroline Agee, Ed.S., NCSP to our clinical practice; she will begin accepting clients in June 2017 for Executive Function Coaching and Educational Consultation. Executive Function Coaching will be offered to late elementary school – college students who are experiencing challenges with executive function skills. Educational Consultation services will be offered to parents whose children are having academic, behavioral, or social-emotional difficulties in school and may require additional support to be successful. Parents who are navigating the special education process may also benefit from educational consultation, including having Mrs. Agee attend school meetings with the parents. Mrs. Agee is a Nationally Certified School Psychologist and is currently working towards her licensure as a School Psychologist in the Commonwealth of VA and has served two years as a Richmond City Public School Psychologist. Please contact us or visit us online soon for updates on Mrs. Agee’s availability and fee schedule. Learn more about Caroline Agee, Ed.S., NCSP here.
- Professional Opportunities at WFP – We are always interested in highly skilled and licensed clinicians who are considering joining a well-established practice, especially those whose practice includes some psychological testing as well as psychotherapy with children, adolescents and adults. Find out more.