Chelsea Muth, PhD, MA, NCC, Resident in Counseling
- works with teens, adults and couples
- offers general therapy services. Expertise in trauma & acute stress, coping with disability & chronic illness, relationship & sexuality issues. Helps patients address depression, anxiety, grief, PTSD, ADHD, OCD, among other conditions.
- approaches include mindfulness-based stress reduction, Internal Family Systems, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Dialectical Behavior Therapy
Chelsea is a mindfulness-based psychologist and resident in counseling. Over the past decade she has specialized in understanding and improving psychological health and well-being, from the perspective of the mind-body-spirit, here and now. Her work focuses on fostering health amidst difficulty and suffering. Well-being is a process, not an endpoint, and it is a privilege for her to be beside you on your journey.
Chelsea primarily utilizes experiential treatment modalities such as mindfulness, EMDR, and IFS, but also uses cognitive-based treatment modalities such as CBT and DBT when appropriate. She enjoys working with adolescents, adults, and couples. She has a special interest in working with people with disabilities and/or chronic illness, experiences of trauma, and relationships and/or sexuality issues.
education & experience
Chelsea has a Ph.D. in Human Development and Mindfulness Interventions from Penn State University, an MA in Mental Health Counseling from Adams State University, and an MA in Psychology from the University of California, Davis. She is a Qualified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) teacher who trained at the University of Massachusetts Center for Mindfulness, founded by Dr. John Kabat-Zinn. Chelsea is an EMDR trained clinician through EMDR Consulting. She is also a fellow of the National Institutes of Health’s Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, and a certified yoga teacher from the Ayurvedic Institute in Coonoor, South India.
- Ph.D. Human Development and Mindfulness Interventions, Penn State University
- MA Mental Health Counseling, Adams State University
- MA Psychology, University of California, Davis
- BA Cultural Anthropology, New York University
- Qualified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) teacher
- Fellow of the National Institutes of Health’s Center for Complementary and Integrative Health
- Certified yoga teacher from the Ayurvedic Institute in Coonoor, South India
Contact & Insurance
- Phone: (804) 673-0100 x 217
- Email: email@example.com
- New patients: Please contact our referral coordinator at (804) 673-0100 x 256 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Offices hours: I offer services weekday mornings and early afternoons.
- Fees: Accepts Anthem Insurance or by self pay arrangement
- Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/6061516777
- Consent for Telehealth Services (submit before first session)