Chelsea Muth, Ph.D., Therapy Intern
- works with teens, adults and couples
- offers general therapy services. Expertise in trauma & acute stress, coping with disability & chronic illness, relationship & sexuality issues. Helps patients address depression, anxiety, grief, PTSD, ADHD, OCD, among other conditions.
- approaches include mindfulness-based stress reduction, Internal Family Systems, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Dialectical Behavior Therapy
Chelsea is a mindfulness-based psychologist, currently training as a therapy intern. Over the past decade she has specialized in understanding and improving psychological health and well-being, from the perspective of the mind-body-spirit here and now. Her work focuses on fostering health amidst difficulty and suffering. Well-being is a process, not an endpoint, and it is a privilege for her to be beside you on your journey.
Chelsea primarily utilizes experiential treatment modalities such as mindfulness, EMDR, and IFS, but also uses cognitive-based treatment modalities such as CBT and DBT when appropriate. She enjoys working with adolescents, adults, and couples. She has a special interest in working with people with disabilities and/or chronic illness, experiences of trauma, and relationships and/or sexuality issues.
education & experience
Chelsea is currently finishing her clinical training in Mental Health Counseling at Adams State University. She previously earned a Ph.D. in Human Development and Mindfulness Interventions from Penn State University, an MA in Psychology from the University of California, Davis, and a BA in Cultural Anthropology from New York University. She is a Qualified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) teacher who trained at the University of Massachusetts Center for Mindfulness, founded by Dr. John Kabat-Zinn. Chelsea is an EMDR trained clinician through EMDR Consulting. She is also a fellow of the National Institutes of Health’s Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, and a certified yoga teacher from the Ayurvedic Institute in Coonoor, South India.
- Ph.D. Human Development and Mindfulness Interventions, Penn State University
- MA Psychology, University of California, Davis
- BA Cultural Anthropology, New York University
- Qualified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) teacher
- Fellow of the National Institutes of Health’s Center for Complementary and Integrative Health
- Certified yoga teacher from the Ayurvedic Institute in Coonoor, South India