Cheryl Ware, M.Ed., CCC-SLP
- works with adolescents, young adults and their families
- Speech and language assessments and therapy; gender affirming voice and communication assessments and therapy
- advanced training in PROMPT technique, Childhood Apraxia of Speech, Echolalia, Stuttering, Transgender Voice and Spell-Links Speech to Print techniques
Cheryl Ware, she/her, is a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist. She provides speech, language, and spelling / phonological awareness skills screening, assessments, and therapy for the pediatric population. She also provides gender-affirming voice and communication change assessments and therapy for transgender and gender-diverse people.
Her services include:
- Speech, language, and spelling screening, assessment, and therapy
- Gender affirming voice and communication assessment and therapy for transgender and gender-diverse teens
- Social communcation assessment and therapy for children on the spectrum
education & experience
Cheryl received her B.A. from Framingham, M.S. from University of Maine and her M.Ed. Communication Disorders from the University of Virginia. She has advanced training in PROMPT technique, Childhood Apraxia of Speech, Echolalia, Stuttering, Transgender Voice and Spell-Links Speech to Print techniques.
She has 15 years combined work experience in early Intervention school-based speech-language therapy, and transgender voice therapy.
- B.A., Framingham State College
- M.S., University of Maine
- M.Ed. Communication Disorders, University of Virginia
- Christie Award Nominee for Special Education, Henrico County Public Schools
- ASHA ACE Award for Continuing Education, 2017
- Zoom link: coming soon
- Consent for Telehealth Services (submit before first session)