Kimberly Hilton, Ph.D.
- works with children pre-k through adult
- offers individual and couples therapy; admissions entrance testing for independent schools
- approaches include cognitive behavioral therapy for anxiety and depression, supportive reflection, exposure response prevention, interpersonal solutions, personal goal setting
Dr. Hilton is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist who provides therapy services for older children, adolescents, adults, and couples. Dr. Hilton utilizes a strengths-based humanistic approach to psychotherapy with individuals of all ages who may be struggling with anxiety, depression, grief and loss, parenting challenges, ADHD, interpersonal difficulties, and phase of life concerns. Evidence-based cognitive behavioral therapeutic techniques are often incorporated to help individuals create positive change in their lives. Additionally, Dr. Hilton integrates supportive reflection, simple mindfulness and relaxation techniques, bibliotherapy, and interpersonal relationship strategies as appropriate for her patients.
With over 20 years of experience consulting with Richmond area independent schools, Dr. Hilton has expertise in the cognitive assessment of children for educational placement in early learners, kindergarten and all upper grades in independent schools.
education & experience
Dr. Hilton completed her Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology in 1993 from Auburn University in Alabama. As part of her training, she completed a pre-doctoral internship in the counseling center at the University of Notre Dame and inpatient psychiatric care for children, adolescents, and adults at Oaklawn Hospital.
After her internship, Dr. Hilton worked as a post-doctoral fellow at Netcare Forensic Psychiatry Center in Columbus, Ohio conducting court-ordered evaluations. Following relocation to Tennessee and then Virginia, Dr. Hilton began working in independent practice offering therapy and psychoeducational evaluation services for children, adolescents and adults.
During the three years prior to joining Westhampton Family Psychologists in August 2019, Dr. Hilton served as the Clinical School-Based Mental Health Supervisor for Henrico County Public Schools and led a team of 18 professionals in providing mental health services to kindergarten through high school students. She enjoys her current practice at WFP which allows her to directly support individuals in achieving their goals for mental health and wellness.
As a recent empty nester, Dr. Hilton and her husband live in Moseley and enjoy playing pickleball, hiking, and traveling.
- B.S. in Psychology and Human Services, Wingate University, North Carolina
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology, Auburn University, Alabama
- Internship, University of Notre Dame and Oaklawn Psychiatric Hospital, Indiana
- 20+ years of practice including psychological assessments and psychotherapy with all ages, supervision, and consultation
- 20 + years of experience in cognitive admissions testing for independent school admissions
Contact & Insurance
- Phone: (804) 673-0100 x 220
- Email: email@example.com
- Not accepting new patients until Fall 2022
- Office hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- In-network for Anthem PPO, HealthKeepers HMO