Teresa Crenshaw, Ed.D., NCSP
- works with children, adolescents and young adults, preschool through college
- offers Psychological and Educational Assessment, particularly for Dyslexia, Learning Disorders, and ADHD; Independent School Admissions Assessment; Educational Consultations; Counseling related to challenges that impact education
- approaches include targeted problem solving to promote educational success; cognitive-behavioral and behavior interventions
Dr. Crenshaw is a licensed and nationally certified school psychologist who provides psychological and psychoeducational assessments to children and adolescents. This includes assessment for learning obstacles including dyslexia and ADHD. Identifying strengths and weaknesses to determine recommendations and strategies to enhance learning and overall functioning is a goal of the psychoeducational evaluation process. Dr. Crenshaw also offers expertise and experience in assessment for independent school admissions including kindergarten and upper grades.
Dr. Crenshaw offers consultative services related to school and learning, as well as counseling services. Working with families to navigate and understand school processes such as 504 and IEP is available.
With over 30 years of experience working in schools, Dr. Crenshaw brings expertise to both assessment and individualized interventions with students from preschool to high school.
education & experience
Dr. Crenshaw obtained her Ed.D. in School Psychology from the University of Virginia in 1997. Supporting areas in this program were noted in counseling and special education. Prior to that, Dr. Crenshaw obtained an Ed.S. degree from William and Mary, a master’s degree from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, and a B.S. degree from Virginia Tech. Dr. Crenshaw has worked at several school systems in the area, including being the lead school psychologist in two different divisions. She has additional expertise and training in areas such as trauma-informed practices, mindfulness, self-care, and twice exceptional learners.
Dr. Crenshaw and her husband live and raised their children in the Richmond area.
- B.S. Psychology, Virginia Tech
- M.A., Psychology, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Ed. S., School Psychology, The College of William and Mary
- Ed.D., School Psychology, University of Virginia
- Nationally Certified School Psychologist (NCSP)
- Lead School Psychologist in two school divisions
- 30+ years’ experience with psychoeducational assessment and interventions in schools
- 10+ years’ experience in cognitive assessment for independent school admissions
Contact & Insurance
- Phone: (804) 673-0100 x 210
- Email: email@example.com
- New patients: Please contact our referral coordinator at (804) 673-0100 x 256 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Office hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays
- Fees: Self-pay arrangements only
- Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/my/teresacrenshaw
- Consent for Telehealth Services (submit before first session)