Trevina R. Anderson, M.A. Psy.D.
- works with children ages 6+, adolescents, young adults, adults up to age 60
- offers individual therapy and ADHD testing
- approaches include Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Art Therapy & Creative/Expressive Interventions, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy Interventions, Family Systems Therapeutic Approaches, Solutions Focused Interventions, Resilience-Building Focus
Dr. Trevina Anderson is a licensed clinical psychologist who works with a variety of clients experiencing depression, anxiety, ADHD, family issues, mood disorders, various life stressors, and trauma. She provides individual counseling with children, adolescents, college students, and adults. Dr. Anderson supports her clients by empowering them to make meaningful changes in their lives to improve their emotional well-being, interpersonal relationships, and overall health. Additionally, she provides telehealth sessions from the convenience of home and in-person therapy sessions in the clinic.
She utilizes an integrative approach to therapy involving cognitive-behavioral therapy, person-centered therapy, and family systems-oriented approaches. She often uses solutions-focused interventions, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and art therapy in her sessions. She has a special interest in resilience research, which is an integral part of her style. With compassion and support, she builds a therapeutic environment geared towards safety, personal growth, and resilience. When working with children and adolescents, she gears treatment towards an integrated approach to health and wellness, through parent check-ins and consultations with pediatricians and teachers.
Dr. Anderson also provides psychological assessments to children and adolescents. This includes assessment for learning obstacles including ADHD, anxiety, and depression. She tailors her recommendations to each individual’s strengths and weaknesses in order to determine recommendations and strategies to enhance learning and overall functioning.
education & experience
Trevina Anderson earned the following degrees:
- B.S. degree in Psychology from Longwood University in 2013
- M.A. degree in Art Therapy at The George Washington University in Washington, D.C. in 2015
- M.A. degree in Clinical Psychology from The American School of Professional Psychology, at Argosy, in Washington D.C. in 2017
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Washington D.C. in 2020
Trevina Anderson has completed masters and doctoral training in a variety of settings:
- St. Elizabeths Hospital in Washington, D.C.
- Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, D.C.
- Residential setting for adolescents in Halethorpe, M.D.
- Pediatric Specialists of Virginia in Fairfax, V.A.
Dr. Trevina Anderson completed a pre-doctoral internship through the Mid Atlantic Internship Consortium, at Prince William Family Counseling in Manassas, Virginia where she provided therapy and psychological assessments to children, adolescents, and adults.
Dr. Trevina Anderson worked as an Art Therapy Intern at Tracy’s Kids on the Blood Disorders and Cancer Unit of Children’s National Medical Center, in Washington D.C. Additionally, she worked as a substitute kindergarten teacher in Fairfax County Public Schools throughout graduate school. With a background in schools, medical settings, and private practice, she often incorporates a collaborative approach to therapy through open communication with pediatricians, teachers, and parents.
Dr. Trevina Anderson is originally from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, and lives in New Kent, VA. She loves to travel, try new foods, and hike with her husband, son, and golden retriever. In her free time, she enjoys painting landscapes and portraits.
- B.S. in Psychology, Longwood University
- M.A. in Art Therapy, The George Washington University, Washington D.C.
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology, The American School of Professional Psychology, at Argosy, Washington D.C.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Washington D.C.
Contact & Insurance
- Phone: (804) 673-0100 x 258
- Email: email@example.com
- New patients: Please contact our referral coordinator at (804) 673-0100 x 256 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Offices hours: I am in the office on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays. I provide telehealth services Wednesdays and Thursdays. My hours are 8 am to 4 pm, office hours tend to be in the morning.
- Accepts Anthem Insurance or by self-pay arrangement