Allison White Twente, Ph.D.
- works with children, adolescents, adults, couples
- offers Individual Therapy, Family Therapy, Co-Parenting Coaching
Dr. Allison White Twente works with children and adolescents and their families. She has expertise and interest in facilitating the adjustment of families to change, especially following death or divorce. She provides individual counseling to all age groups, and also counsels couples and families and guides parents in facilitating their co-parenting.
education & experience
Dr. Twente is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist. After completing her professional training at UNC Chapel Hill and the University of Denver, she worked for five years at The Children’s Hospital, Boston for the department of surgery as the pediatric organ transplant psychologist.
While in Boston she was an Instructor in Psychiatry for Harvard Medical School. She refined her interests in all facets of child development and was especially drawn to helping children cope with chronic medical conditions and grief.
After moving to Richmond in 1994, she worked for MCV and then started a small private practice. Dr. Twente later founded Westhampton Family Psychologists, PC, a collaborative group practice, in 1998 with her husband, Dr. Stephen Twente.
Dr. Twente and her husband, together for 35 years, share in the raising of their two sons.
- Founding partner, Westhampton Family Psychologists
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- BA Psychology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Ph.D. Child Clinical Psychology, University of Denver
- Internship and Post-doctoral fellowships, Harvard/The Children’s Hospital, Boston
- Co-Parenting Coach
Contact & Insurance
- Phone: (804) 673-0100 x 202
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New patients: Please contact our referral coordinator at (804) 673-0100 x 256 or email@example.com.
- Offices hours: 9 am – 5:15 pm Tuesdays – Fridays
- Services by self-pay arrangement; out of network for all insurance plans.
- Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/my/drallisontwente
- Consent for Telehealth Services (submit before first session)