autism diagnostic observation schedule (ADOS) services
Evaluations are performed using the ADOS-2 assessment, which is a standardized assessment of communication, social interaction, play, and restricted and repetitive behaviors in children and adolescents. The ADOS-2 system is currently the gold standard in the diagnosis of autism spectrum disorders.
Throughout the pandemic and the consequent need for masks and social distancing, our office has also utilized the Behavioral Observation of Symptoms of Autism (BOSA) assessment to perform autism diagnostic evaluations.
services often include:
- A 2-hour intake interview with parents
- A review of any prior testing the child or adolescent has undergone
- Completion of various questionnaires regarding your child
- One or more days of testing, during which Kara Leslie, Ed.S, NCSP, BCBA interacts directly with your child or adolescent while they play and perform tasks
- A feedback session in which the provider discusses with parents the results of the evaluation along with any next steps or recommended resources
- An in-depth written report outlining the results and all of the recommendations discussed during the feedback session
If your child is diagnosed with autism, we can connect you with local resources to help address your child’s unique needs.
WFP currently offers autism diagnostic evaluations under self-pay arrangements only. If you are interested in obtaining super bill statements in order to submit to insurance for out-of-network benefits on your own behalf, it is best to call your insurance to verify autism benefits and out-of-network reimbursement options prior to scheduling testing.
Kara Leslie works with ages 2-18 for ADOS testing.