Kara Leslie, Ed.S., NCSP, BCBA
- works with children and adolescents, age 2 to 16
- offers Psychoeducational Testing and Assessment of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- approaches include Psychoeducational Testing; Assessment of Autism Spectrum Disorders using the ADOS-2
Kara Leslie is a Licensed and Nationally Certified School Psychologist (NCSP) and Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) who provides psychoeducational assessments to children and adolescents experiencing a variety of obstacles to learning, behavior, attention, and/or social-emotional development. She specializes in the assessment of autism spectrum disorders utilizing the ADOS-2 with the goal of differentiating between autism and other diagnoses. Kara enables parents to have a better understanding of their child’s strengths and needs, in addition to providing recommendations and strategies to improve behavior and learning.
Kara conducts behavioral assessments and develops intervention plans for children who are facing a range of behavioral challenges at home and at school. Having spent over a decade working in public schools, she is also able to assist families with functional behavior assessments and navigating the IEP and 504 processes. Kara has a special interest in working with young children with behavioral challenges.
education & experience
Kara graduated from Virginia Tech with a bachelor’s degree in psychology before completing her Master’s of Education and Educational Specialist degrees in school psychology at The College of William & Mary. After developing a special interest in autism spectrum disorders, Kara completed an autism fellowship with the VA-LEND program at Virginia Commonwealth University. She then obtained her graduate certification in applied behavior analysis (ABA) with the Virginia Applied Behavior Analysis Consortium at Virginia Commonwealth University. She is a licensed and board-certified behavior analyst (LBA and BCBA). Kara has over ten years of experience working as a school psychologist with Henrico County Public Schools.
Kara lives in Richmond with her husband and their two sons.
- B.S., Psychology – Virginia Tech
- M.Ed., School Psychology – The College of William & Mary
- Ed.S., School Psychology – The College of William & Mary
- Autism Fellowship – Virginia Commonwealth University
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis – Virginia Commonwealth University
- Nationally Certified School Psychologist (NCSP)
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst and Licensed Behavior Analyst (BCBA and LBA)